Here are some details about Puma sneakers with a cross at the heel:
- The cross is an emblem of Puma products, which is one of the world’s leading footwear companies.
- The brand has since rebranded themselves as PUMA.
- Puma has a long history of producing high-quality sneakers, and the cross emblem has become a recognizable symbol of the brand.
- The cross emblem was first introduced in the 1950s and has been a part of Puma’s branding ever since.
- The emblem represents the idea of “formstrips,” which are the signature stripes that adorn many Puma sneakers.
- The Puma Clyde model shoes, named after New York Knicks basketball star Walt “Clyde” Frazier who wore and endorsed them, were popular with graffiti artists in the 1970s and later with hip hop artists in the 1980s.
- Puma sneakers with the cross emblem are still popular today, and continue to be a staple of the brand’s product line.
- These Puma Sneakers Had A Cross At The Heel (source: mensmania.com)
- Puma Sneakers, worn by B-Girl Laneski (source: National Museum of American History)
Additional Information – These Puma Sneakers Had A Cross At The Heel
Which Puma Shoes Have a Cross on the Heel?
If you were to ask your best running friend which Puma shoes have a cross on the heel, they’d probably be confused. The men’s version has a thicker, wider heel and a lower instep. The women’s version has a narrower heel and a sculpted arch. And the design is definitely a winner, too. If you’re unsure of the history of the brand, the shoe has a cross on the heels.
In the early 1970s, Puma was famous for its shoes’ breathability. Many of their styles featured a densely knit material on the upper portion. It’s crucial to keep your feet cool, so you’ll want to choose breathable shoes. The cross on the heel of the Speed 600 is conspicuous. The Speed Orbiter had a flaming-looking heel counter.
Back then, the cross on the heel of Puma shoes was a snaking cross on the heel. The cross is an emblem of a Puma product. The brand has since rebranded themselves as PUMA. As of October 2012, there are more than 400 different styles of its shoes available. The brand is one of the world’s leading footwear companies, and it’s important to understand how they made the logo unique.