Here are some tips for taking care of permed hair for men:
- Wait before washing: It’s important to wait at least 48 hours before washing your hair after getting a perm. This allows the curls to set and helps them last longer. (source: You Probably Need a Haircut)
- Use the right shampoo and conditioner: Look for products that are specifically designed for permed hair, as they will help keep the curls intact and prevent damage. Use a super-hydrating conditioner each time you shampoo, and consider using deep conditioning treatments once a week to keep your hair healthy. (source: The List)
- Avoid heat styling: Heat styling tools like blow dryers and straighteners can dry out and damage permed hair, so it’s best to avoid them if possible. If you must use heat, use a heat protectant spray and a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer to help minimize damage. (source: All Things Hair)
- Be gentle when combing and brushing: Use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to gently detangle your hair, starting from the bottom and working your way up. Avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet, as this can cause breakage. (source: InStyle)
- Protect your hair while sleeping: To help maintain your curls overnight, consider sleeping on a satin pillowcase or wearing a satin cap to bed. This will help prevent frizz and tangles. (source: The Hair Essentials)
Remember, permed hair requires special care to keep it looking healthy and vibrant. By following these tips, you can help your curls last longer and keep your hair looking its best.
Additional Information – How To Take Care Of Permed Hair For Men
How to Care For Perm Hair Men
Men with perms want to keep their curls healthy and shiny. They use heat protection spray and conditioner after getting their hair permed. The length of the perm depends on the person and how he cares for it afterward. It’s best to follow the stylist’s instructions for washing the hair, as well as to use a wide-tooth comb when you’re in the shower.
You can find various ways to care for perms at home, but the most important thing is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. The first step is to wash the hair at least twice a week. After washing, you should use the shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for men. This will leave your locks more flexible, hydrated and elastic. Another way is to blow dry your hair, but not fully. You can use a diffuser attachment if it has a low temperature.
Secondly, the hair needs to be dried. Make sure to use a men’s perm shampoo and conditioner. These products will help to keep the hair more hydrated, elastic and flexible. You can also use a diffuser attachment in your hair dryer to ensure that your hair is fully dry. You should avoid blow drying your perm hair too much. And remember to set the temperature on a low heat, and never let it get too hot!