Here are the steps to restart your Fossil Smartwatch:
- Soft Reset: A soft reset is similar to restarting a desktop computer and is one of the first steps in troubleshooting a device. Here are the steps to perform a soft reset on your Fossil Smartwatch:
- Press and hold the power button until the Fossil logo appears on the screen.
- Release the button and wait for the watch to restart.
- Force Restart: If your Fossil Smartwatch is frozen or not responding, you can perform a force restart. Here are the steps to perform a force restart on your Fossil Smartwatch:
- Press and hold the power button and the middle button for about 10-15 seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Fossil logo appears on the screen.
- Restart from Settings: If you are unable to restart your Fossil Smartwatch using the above methods, you can try restarting it from the Settings menu. Here are the steps to restart your Fossil Smartwatch from the Settings menu:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Access Bar.
- Tap on the settings icon (cogwheel).
- Scroll down and tap on “System.”
- Tap on “Disconnect & reset.”
- Tap on “Restart watch.”
- Pairing: If you are setting up your Fossil Smartwatch for the first time, you need to pair it with your phone. Here are the steps to pair your Fossil Smartwatch with your phone:
- Download the Wear OS by Google app on your phone.
- Open the app and tap on “Set it up.”
- Tap on the name of your watch and compare the codes that appear on both screens.
- If the codes that appear are the same, tap on “Pair” on your phone.
Additional Information – How To Restart My Fossil Smartwatch
How to Restart My Fossil Smartwatch
If your Fossil smartwatch has crashed and cannot be paired with your phone, you can use the system menu on your phone to perform a factory reset. This method will not erase any data or restore the device to its factory settings. It will just reboot the watch to its clockface. If the issue continues, you can attempt to repair it by turning off the watch and pairing it again. If all else fails, try the following steps.
The first step is to turn off your Fossil smartwatch. You can do this by pressing and holding the middle button until you hear it vibrate. Wait a few seconds for the watch to reboot. Afterward, you can turn it back on by repeating the procedure if necessary. If it doesn’t work, you may have to contact Fossil customer support. However, if your watch doesn’t come with an instruction manual, you can follow the steps above to reset your watch.
If the problem persists, you can try the steps below. To force-restart your Fossil smartwatch, press the middle button until it vibrates. Once it has finished vibrating, you can release the buttons and wait for the device to restart. If it doesn’t reboot immediately, you may have to repeat this procedure a few times. Some readers have reported that this method has also worked for them. If it doesn’t, you’ll have to contact Fossil’s support team.
Hold the power button down.
Hold the power button down for three seconds until the watch turns off. Follow the below instructions if your watch doesn’t have a power switch.
Start over with your watch’s settings
Tap the dimming screen to turn on the watch. Contact your manufacturer for more information.
How to disable a Wear OS smartwatch
Although you cannot ask Google Assistant to turn off your Wear smartwatch for you, you can go to the settings and manually turn it off. Swipe across the screen to access the app list. Scroll to the “Settings” option. Click ‘System.’ Tap the “Power Off” button to turn your watch off.
Fossil Smartwatch Reset for Long Time
This method didn’t work for me. Press the middle button (the crown) and wait until your watch vibrates. It may take between 30-60 seconds. After the watch vibrates, you can release the button to wait until it turns on.