Here’s a detailed answer with bullet points and sources on how to restart a Fossil smartwatch:
- Soft Reset: A soft reset (turning the device off then back on) is similar to restarting a desktop computer and is one of the first steps in troubleshooting a device.
- Press and hold the power button (typically the watch crown) for three seconds or until the watch shuts off. (source: Wareable)
- Turn the watch back on by pressing and holding the power button again. (source: Wareable)
- Factory Reset: If a soft reset doesn’t work, you can try resetting your Fossil smartwatch to its factory settings. This will erase all data and settings from the watch.
- Press the middle button or swipe down from the top of your screen. (source: Fossil Group)
- Scroll and tap on Settings.
- Tap on System.
- Tap on Disconnect & Reset.
- Tap the checkmark to confirm.
- Remove the smartwatch from your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- After you reset your watch to factory settings, you need to pair it with your phone again. (source: Fossil Group)
Additional Information – How Can I Restart My Fossil Smartwatch
How Can I Restart My Fossil Smartwatch?
The Fossil smartwatch is a very useful piece of tech and one of its best features is its ability to restart when it stops working. There are two ways to restart it: through your phone and through your watch. In this process, you’ll delete all your manually installed apps and system defaults. However, the Fossil watch will keep all of the information stored in the watch’s memory, including settings and preferences.
First, you need to unpair your watch from your phone. To do this, you need to press the middle button on your watch. Next, swipe down to open the app menu. Press System settings. Finally, choose the option “Unpair with phone” and confirm the action. Then, you’ll be prompted to enter your phone’s PIN code to reconnect your Fossil smartwatch to your phone.
The next option is to manually reset your Fossil smartwatch by pressing the middle button. You can then hold down the three buttons until the watch vibrates. This process could take up to 45 seconds, but it should do the trick. Once the watch is back to the clockface, simply swipe down again. To do this, press the right side of the watch to make it more stable. Then, you can tap the “Disconnect” button to reconnect your watch to your phone.
Set your watch back to its factory setting
You may have to reset your watch to its factory settings if you are having issues with it. Contact your watch manufacturer.
These steps will help if your Fossil watch doesn’t seem to be working.
Hold all three buttons down until the watch vibrates four times. Next, press and hold all 3 buttons until the watch vibrates 4 times. Some readers also reported that they charged their watches first and then followed these steps.
How to restart or turn off a Wear OS smartwatch
Reader-powered guide for rebooting your Wareable device. This reader-powered guide to rebooting your device Wareable is quick and simple. Hold the power button for 3 seconds. If your watch does not have buttons, the first method below will work.