To clean suede sneakers made from Puma with soap and water, follow these steps:
- Remove dirt and debris: Use a soft-bristled brush or a dry cloth to remove any loose dirt or debris from the surface of the sneakers. Be gentle to avoid damaging the suede.
- Mix soap and water: Mix a small amount of mild soap, such as dish soap or laundry detergent, with water in a bowl. Make sure the soap is completely dissolved in the water.
- Apply the soap mixture: Dip a soft-bristled brush or a clean cloth into the soap mixture. Gently scrub the surface of the sneakers using circular motions. Be careful not to use too much water, as this can damage the suede.
- Rinse with water: Dip a clean cloth in water and wring it out. Use the damp cloth to wipe away the soap mixture from the sneakers.
- Stuff with paper towels: Stuff the sneakers with paper towels to help them retain their shape as they dry.
- Allow to air dry: Place the sneakers in a well-ventilated area and allow them to air dry completely. Avoid exposing them to direct sunlight or heat, as this can damage the suede.
- How to Clean Suede Shoes. Nike.com. https://www.nike.com/a/how-to-clean-suede-shoes
- How to clean suede shoes without ruining them | Tom’s Guide. https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-clean-suede-shoes
- How to Clean Leather and Suede Shoes | Reviews by Wirecutter. https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/guides/how-to-clean-leather-suede-shoes/
- How To Clean Leather & Suede Sneakers in 2022 – Highsnobiety. https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/how-to-clean-leather-suede-sneakers/
- How to Clean Suede Shoes Without Wrecking Their Velvety Texture. Better Homes & Gardens. https://www.bhg.com/homekeeping/laundry-linens/stain-removal/how-to-clean-suede-shoes/
Additional Information – How To Clean Suede Sneakers Made From Puma With Soap And Water
How to Clean Suede Puma Shoes
To clean your Pumas, it’s best to know how to clean suede first. While suede is a delicate material, it is surprisingly easy to clean with soap and water. When you clean a suede shoe, remember to rub it in the same direction as the fibers, or “with the grain”. This prevents the dirt from damaging the surface of the shoe. You should also avoid washing suede in hot or extreme temperatures to avoid damage.
You can use soap and water to clean your Puma suede shoes. To make them as new, use a mild, pH-neutral cleaning solution. You can also use baking soda to remove stains. It won’t damage the leather and may make your shoes look newer longer. However, don’t let the soda soak in and dry; it will ruin the suede’s appearance.
After you’ve cleaned your suede Puma shoes with soap and water, you can use a wet sponge or toothbrush to gently scrub the surface. Apply light strokes to gently brush away loose particles and grit. Always brush along the grain of the suede as this will prevent scuff marks. This will make the cleaning process faster. And if you’ve noticed scuff marks, use more pressure or a back-and-forth motion to wipe them away.