Here are some tips on how to take care of thick, long hair:
- Use a wide-tooth comb or detangling brush to prevent breakage and damage. Start from the ends and work your way up to the roots. (source: Allure)
- Avoid using hot tools like flat irons and curling irons too often. Heat can damage hair, especially if it’s already thick and long. If you must use heat, apply a heat protectant spray or serum beforehand. (source: Healthline)
- Deep condition your hair once a week to keep it moisturized and healthy. Look for products that contain natural oils like coconut oil, argan oil, or jojoba oil. (source: Good Housekeeping)
- Avoid washing your hair too often, as this can strip it of its natural oils. Aim to wash it every two to three days, or even less frequently if possible. (source: Byrdie)
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase to prevent hair breakage and frizz. These materials are gentler on hair than cotton, which can cause friction and damage. (source: Cosmopolitan)
- Get regular trims to prevent split ends and breakage. Aim to get a trim every six to eight weeks, or as often as needed to keep your hair healthy. (source: Harper’s Bazaar)
Remember, taking care of thick, long hair requires patience and consistency. By following these tips and using the right products, you can keep your hair healthy and beautiful.
Additional Information – How To Take Care Of Thick, Long Hair
How to Care For Long Thick Hair Men
You may not be familiar with the proper care for long hair, but there are some tips that will help you keep your man’s locks in good condition. You should always wash your man’s hair regularly and dry it properly. Avoid towel drying your hair because this will cause it to become frizzy and split. You should also avoid wearing hats that pull your hair from the roots, and trim your man’s hair on a regular basis.
To care for your man’s hair, start by washing it at least twice a week. Make sure that you use good shampoo and conditioner. American Crew Classic 3-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner is a good option, but you can also use Verb Ghost Oil – Argan and Moringa or Baxter of California treatment oils. Try to use the gentlest shampoo you can find, as it will not dry out your hair and will also help make it soft and shiny.
Long hair requires extra TLC, so you should brush and condition it regularly. You should also avoid using styling products with high-moisturizing ingredients, which can cause dandruff. For the best results, avoid using products that contain silicones, which can irritate the skin. Besides shampoo and conditioner, you should also use styling spray to make your man’s hair more manageable. If you don’t have time to use these products, consider switching to a non-sticky one.