Here are some tips for caring for thick, wavy hair:
- Keep it moisturized: Thick hair can easily dry out, so it’s important to keep it hydrated. Use a sulfate-free cleansing conditioner to help make your hair more elastic and prevent breakage. (source: StyleCaster)
- Use the correct styling tools: Be realistic when choosing the correct styling tools for your thick hair. Using a thin toothed comb on thick hair is not going to achieve the best results. Instead, use a wide-toothed comb or a detangling brush to detangle your hair without causing damage. (source: Curls Understood)
- Avoid heat styling: Heat styling can cause damage and breakage to thick, wavy hair. Instead, let your hair air dry naturally whenever possible. If you do need to use heat styling tools, use a heat protectant spray to help minimize damage. (source: wikiHow)
- Get regular trims: Regular trims can help keep your hair healthy and prevent split ends. Aim to get a trim every 6-8 weeks to keep your hair looking its best. (source: Rossano Ferretti)
- Use coconut oil: Coconut oil is a great natural way to keep your hair healthy and moisturized. Try massaging coconut oil into your scalp and hair to help boost moisture and keep your hair looking shiny and healthy. (source: The Right Hairstyles)
Remember, everyone’s hair is different, so it’s important to experiment and find what works best for you.
Additional Information – How To Care For Thick, Wavy Hair
How to Take Care of Thick Wavy Hair Men
To care for thick wavy hair, you should use a high-moisture styling mousse or pomade to add body and volume. Avoid using volumizing mousses or sticky products as they can dry out your hair. Instead, use a leave-in conditioner or clay to minimize frizz. Also, remember to never wash your hair every day! This way, you will avoid damage to your locks.
A retro-inspired cut is a great option for thick wavy hair men. It will be easy to style and manage, but you should use clay or wax to make the hair manageable. To give your hair some texture, you can add VO5 Styling Wax to the ends. A messy fringe and undercut look will also look great on a man with thick, wavy, and curly tresses.
While thick, wavy hair can be difficult to manage, it can be a great way to add character to your look. Keeping the length shorter and keeping the sides smooth will make it easier to manage. The resulting haircut will also help minimize the time spent styling your mane. If you want to avoid the hassle, try getting a buzz cut, textured crop, or a short choppy quiff.