Here are some tips on how to care for texturized hair, along with relevant sources:
- Cleanse your hair regularly, but don’t overdo it. Shampooing three to four times a week is recommended, but avoid shampooing more than three times a week as it can make the hair dry. (source: You Probably Need a Haircut)
- Use warm water to wash your hair. Hot water can strip the hair of its natural oils, while cold water may not be effective in removing dirt and product buildup. (source: You Probably Need a Haircut)
- Use a deep conditioner on your hair at least two to three times a week. This will help to keep your hair moisturized and prevent it from becoming dry and brittle. (source: You Probably Need a Haircut)
- Use a nourishing hair care system. Since texturized hair has been chemically treated, it’s best to use products that are gentle on your hair to prevent breakage. Look for hair care products that are specifically designed for chemically treated hair, such as the L’Oreal Paris EverPure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. (source: L’Oreal Paris USA)
- Protect your hair while you sleep. Sleeping with a silk scarf on your head can help to prevent your hair from becoming dried out and tangled. (source: Leaf.tv)
- Wet your hair daily and add moisturizing product to your hair while it is still wet. This will help to re-define your curl pattern and keep your hair moisturized. (source: Leaf.tv)
- Comb your hair before it dries to keep it from getting tangled and frizzy. (source: Leaf.tv)
Additional Information – How To Care For Texturized Hair
How to Take Care of Texturized Hair Men
If you want to know how to take care of texturized hair, you’re not alone. This hairstyle is not easy to manage and requires a special set of techniques. Luckily, there are a few tips to follow for maintaining the perfect look. You’ll need a few basic products and some patience to keep the texture you’ve worked so hard to achieve. The next step is to find a styling tool that suits your needs.
Choosing a product is important, and you should use a moisturizing conditioner when washing your hair. Using warm water is best, as it will prevent matting. To ensure that your style lasts for the day, you should take the time to detangle your hair as much as possible. While shampoo and conditioner are often available on the market, they’re too heavy for your hair. After you wash it, dry it thoroughly using a towel. Never rub your hair with your hands, as this could damage it and cause breakage.
Once you’ve decided to get a texturized style, you need to take special care of it. It’s important to shampoo and deep condition it four to six times a week. If you’re not sure what products to buy, you can try using at-home kits, but be careful not to use too much, as too much can ruin your style. You can use a diffuser to avoid getting too much product in your hair.