Are you addicted of smoking and want to quit? If yes, this article is written exclusively for you. However, it is not a guarantee to do so but it may be a useful and step-by-step guide to be a non-smoker faster.
- Know what is smoking and why you should leave it. Often people don’t understand the negative effects of smoking, heavy drinks, drugs, etc. and become victims of their addition. To quit smoking first of all, you will have to understand and accept side effects of smoking. The acquired knowledge will motivate you to leave it as soon as possible.
- Take proper Medication/ therapy. Nicotine is the one and only element of smoking which harms our body’s organ. As nicotine is addictive so when you try to quit smoking, body starts to show the symptoms of nicotine withdrawals. If you are trying to quit nicotine without any therapy it may be tough. Therefore, a smoking addicted person should start nicotine replacement therapy before leaving smoking. The therapy includes proper medications, medical guidance and other necessary helpful program to achieve the target in minimum time.
- Avoid other smoker’s closeness. Can a smoker give up his habit if he spends more time with other smokers, 100% not? Other smoker will try to encourage you to smoking even they can pressurize you mentally or emotionally too to restart of your smoking.
- Family members & friends can help you. You may ask your friends and family members to support you. Their moral support will lead you to get success without any failure.
- Prescription Pills are good. There are pills available in the market which helps you to quit smoking. These pills affect the mental activities and reduce the chemicals which demands for smoking so that you can quit smoking faster. You may ask your doctors to suggest prescription pills or they can write you too.
- Managing stress is the key of good habits. Stress is also a responsible reason for smoking. You might note that a smoker demands more cigarettes/ nicotine while he is in a stressed/ depressed mood. Thus, you can control your smoking addiction by managing your stress too. Moreover you can use yoga, meditation, time management, entertainment facilities, etc. to reduce your stress level.
- Try, Try and Try is the best. It may be that you will have to face failure in your fight against smoking but never mind it. Make more efforts to quit smoking. A continuous chain of tries with firm determination will lead you to quit smoking with sure guarantee. So don’t stop your efforts until getting success in the mission.